NEED HELP WITH A PROJECT?
Western Petroleum Management’s (WPM) team has the experience and ability to help you with Project Management of your, construction, drilling/completions or abandonment project. Our Team has the experience when it comes to the newest drilling/completions technologies used in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin.
Western Petroleum Management (WPM) can provide all your construction and supervision requirements from initial scouting of well site location, construction of your proposed locations/facility/pipelines and the reclamation of your abandoned sites. WPM has personal with the experience in all aspects of construction to meet the needs of the industry, the experience includes:
Western Petroleum Management (WPM) can recommend, design and implement a technically superior drilling and/or completions program where we focus on safety, regulatory and engineering requirements, plus operational efficiency both from a technical and logistics perspective to ensure all contingencies are reviewed prior to mobilizing high cost equipment and personnel. We will develop a comprehensive AFE that is designed based on competitive bids for equipment and personnel and reflects the true cost of your project. Either we develop the geological prognosis for the proposed drilling project (if WPM is managing the Asset) or request this from the client (as a drilling management service). WPM will ensure that all your regulatory issues are managed properly from well licensing to end of well government submissions. Whatever your requirements, WPM has the capability and experience to fill your needs.
- New Drills – short, medium and long radius wells including extended reach wells (6000 meters) utilizing rotary steerable tools. We have experience drilling carbonates and shallow unconsolidated oil sands.
- Re-entry horizontal wells.
- Under-balance wells.
- Sour and critically sour.
- Multi-lateral horizontal wells to 6,000 meters.
- Shallow and deep directional wells.
- SAGD paired wells.
- Conventional wells from shallow gas wells to deep wells, 4,000 meters+ including both development and exploration wells.
- Planned and utilized both water based and oil based drilling systems.
- Large diameter well bores (28″) and large diameter casing (24″).
- Coil Tubing drilling.
- Sour and critically sour.
- Heavy oil core evaluation wells.
- Re-entry operations.
- Conventional oil and gas completions (or re-completions) and lift design.
- Horizontal well completions and lift design.
WPM can recommend, design and implement the construction of the required facilities and well equipment needed to handle the expected fluid and gas production for a project or on a well by well basis. WPM has experience with re-designing and implementing major upgrades to existing facilities to handle increased production due to increased development drilling, re-equipping of shut-in wells and water flood operations in a number of producing fields.
WPM can recommend, design and implement specific workover programs for existing producing or shut-in wells. WPM has vast experience in identifying remedies to bring back wells that have ceased being economic and identifying by-passed pay. WPM also has extensive experience with heavy oil operations and it’s difficult operational issues.
Heavy Oil Core Holes
WPM can manage all your project needs with regards to your core hole program. We have the experience and resources to supply all management and supervision requirements including:
- Pre-survey scouting
- Supervise surveying of access and well site
- OSE Application
- First Nation Consultation
- Request, review bids and recommend third party services
- Develop AFE
- Designing a drilling/coring program
- Well licensing
- Well site construction
- Drill, core and abandon your well as per clients and government of Alberta requirements
- Site reclamation and submission to government of Alberta for reclamation certificate
- End of well submissions to government of Alberta
End of project report to Client
WPM in cooperation with one of its subcontractors has a number of team members who provide our clients with a one-window approach to surface acquisitions. We are able to provide all aspects of government applications from Caribou Protection plans, OSE applications right through to third party agreements. Our focus is on oil sand exploration and development. Clients can conveniently monitor the progress of their projects through our on-line database of our subcontractor.
This cooperation gives WPM better control of every aspect of oil sands development from the exploration phase through to surface acquisition for plant/pad sites, pipelines, access roads and monitoring sites. By drawing on experience as previous Forest Officers, our subcontractor has had the opportunity to see applications from a regulatory perspective.
Combined with extensive experience in the private sector, we are able to complete applications that address all relevant issues. We are also providing clients with advice and suggestions on all their surface land requirements as projects develop. WPM and its subcontractor have the expertise to act as liaison between forest management companies, other stakeholders and oil sands producers. This integrated approach improves integrated land management, reduces construction costs and reduces construction time.